Sunday, February 1, 2009

Inspiration


thread rack
Originally uploaded by mysterywriter
After I took this picture, I was carrying the thread rack to another room and was thinking to myself I hoped I didn't fall, because I had the pointed parts toward me. Then I thought what a great idea to murder someone with it! I can see the crime scene investigators now, scratching their heads as they try to figure out how all those little holes came to be in the murder victim. MUHAHAHAHA

Seriously, I liked this idea. Here I was, taking a picture to show a friend of mine something I had bought today (on sale, too) and the idea just hit me. Sometimes a writer doesn't need fancy tricks or writing exercises to get their imagination going. Just buying something for another hobby (or as a gift for someone) can spark your creativity.

No comments: