Wednesday, March 11, 2009

the search for ideas

I spend entirely too much time on Flickr. It's almost unhealthy. LOL

I have lots of interests. More than what's good for me probably. But those interests can sometimes be the inspiration for ideas.

The photo to the right is (I think) page 3 of my favorites from Flickr. I have about 7 pages currently. I look for things I would like to make (one day) but I'm also on the lookout for images that inspire characters or ideas or anything.

Even looking at quilts and quilt pieces that people have completed or are currently working on inspire me. Has the quilting left a clue in the quilt as to who might want her dead? Maybe the sewer of the quilt top and the actual quilter are different people. Or maybe clues are hidden in the quilts by the pattern designs themselves like those telling slaves along the Underground Railroad which homes and families were safe. 

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I hope so.