Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ride a white horse


Ride a white horse
Originally uploaded by archidave
Some photographs just immediately inspire my writing. This one is a perfect example.

I have no idea who the woman is but I love everything about this image. She looks as if she is waiting for someone or watching for someone. As archidave wrote under the image on Flickr, there is a monochrome appearance to her, except for the red lipstick. I have this one saved as a favorite so I can refer back to it when I decide to start writing or need to break a writing drought.

If you can't find a postcard to get your writing jump started, then look for images on the web. Flickr is a great place. I found this image using the search term "sidesaddle."



Many thanks to archidave for the use of his photo!

No comments: